My book: Dyslexia: A Teacher's Journey

Teaching
Terminology
test
powered by

My Blog

My book: Dyslexia: A Teacher's Journey

Why did I labor off and on for at least five years, spending hundreds of hours on this book?  Certainly, not for money.  I have a story lived through soon to be 43 years of working with persons with dyslexia and their families.

Many books on dyslexia have been written by victims of dyslexia, parents, and professionals engaged in research and teaching at the university level.  I meet none of those qualifications.  I am a retired public schools teacher, current tutor in private practice, am nearing 43 years as Executive Director of a 501c3 community organization for identifying, teaching, and advocating for persons with dyslexia.  With this background, I write with experience as one who has been on the "battle fields" and in some of the battles.  Some of my battles to fight indifference, misinformation, and a lack of effective teaching methods are included.  The reader can feel the anger, rejection, and stress as it relates to myself as well as the victims and their families.  While an advocate for persons with dyslexia, I understand some of the constraints under which teachers must work.  They have stress,too.

Each of us was created for a purpose. I found my purpose.  I feel as much of a missionary as if I were working in a foreign land.

More in future blogs.  I solicit your experiences.

7 Comments to My book: Dyslexia: A Teacher's Journey:

Comments RSS
TheBookPatch on Saturday, July 27, 2013 5:49 AM
Good article! I visited many sites, only the clear expression in addition to the author's experience. Read your article, I learned a lot of knowledge
Reply to comment

Publish my book on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:40 PM
Super-excellent is the word for this post. Honestly, I liked the way you have conceptualised all the ideas and morals. They all executed well.
Reply to comment

gallipoli tours on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 10:31 PM
I always like to read a quality content having accurate information regarding the subject and the same thing I found in this post My book: Dyslexia: A Teacher's Journey. Nice work.keep it up.........................
Reply to comment

Forklift Training Melbourne on Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:49 PM
Your article is very nice. You have provided interesting information. I will return to your site often to check. Keep up with your good work.
Reply to comment

Zanzibar tanzania safari on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:15 PM
I always like to read a quality content having accurate information regarding the subject and the same thing I found in My book: Dyslexia: A Teacher's Journey. Nice work.
Reply to comment